Thursday, February 3, 2011

When it's Cold Outside....

this is how we keep ourselves busy.

1 - Claire plays beauty parlor. Dave, don't you miss us?


2- Davis has his first Pinewood Derby. Lots of racing, lots of fun, lots of stress for his Dad because he wants him to have "THE PERFECT CAR". Well, no first places, but lots of 2nd place finishes, so I consider that a success our first go around. His car is decorated like a Wii remote, can you tell? And Davis was uber-proud that he won the "Most Creative Car" award.


3- Davis and Claire have a "Toy Party Surprise" on Sunday morning and document their success....with many pictures on our camera. Here are just a few:









4- My taxes are done....YAY! No picture, just my happiness.


5 - This happened a while ago, but it was Claire's first "Birthday Party" this year. And because I'm so BRILLIANT, I had the party the day the kids got out of school for Christmas break, Dec. 22nd. So while I was getting ready for Christmas, getting ready to leave to Utah for a week, wrapping everything, baking and delivering, ALL WITHOUT THE HUSBAND, we threw in a princess party for eight 4/5 year olds. Crazy business, what was I thinking? Especially since that same day, those little girls had already been to preschool Christmas parties, a Ballet Christmas party, and then our party. Can you say sugar and present overload? But what ya gonna do when your birthday is Dec. 19th? Roll with it...... Our party included decorating your own crown, pin the crown on the princess, cupcakes and Sherbet Floats and musical chairs.










6 - Claire is loving Ballet and Davis is loving basketball. Thank heavens for these weekly spurts of physical exertion, especially since I think Recess was cancelled at school for half of January because of our sub-zero temperatures. HUGE shouts of thanks to their teachers/coaches. You're amazing!

No comments: