Okay, so it is 5:30 am the morning after Halloween, and here I am blogging. I don't know if that means I'm truly dedicated or very insane. The excess sugar last night must have altered my state of mind. Anyhoo, it's Murphy's law that on a day like Halloween when you know your kids are going to be running ragged, your 6-year old decides to take a 2-hour nap just because you asked him to, but your 2-year old lays on her bed for 90 minutes and never gets drowsy. So at dinnertime, Davis is berserk with energy while Claire is whining about EVERYTHING because she's getting tired. Off we go to the Trunk-or-Treat, which I've decided is convenient, but not nearly as much fun. Then inside the church to a carnival which was pretty cool; lots of fun games for the kids, with MORE SUGAR as prizes. Home we go, where I scrub my children's bodies and their teeth quite vigorously before dumping Claire into bed and listening to Davis read because he's still VERY awake. The sugar has kicked in. Baby Sadie, meanwhile, has decided the 30 minute power nap during the carnival has given her HOURS of energy, so at 10:00 I finally dump her in bed, still awake, because I'm ready for bed myself. At 4:00 am, Dave's alarm goes off because some crazy Bishop of ours thought a 6:00 am Youth baptism session the night after Halloween sounds like a fabulous idea. Dave is out the door by 4:30 and I am lying awake....and can't fall back asleep. Crazy me, I watch the CSI episode I missed on Thursday and then cruise the internet...blog...why am I awake? Oh, right...because on every other night of her life, Sadie has woke up at least once in the night for her binky and my body is used to it, so it can't settle down and go back to sleep because it knows she'll wake up soon anyway. But has she woke up? NO! The one night she decides she can sleep straight through without so much as a wimper is the night I'm up at 4:00 and can't fall back asleep.
VERY UNFAIR!!!
Sorry for the rambling. Enjoy the pics of my cute kids.

Davis the Jedi and Claire the Cheetah (which she kept calling her Cheeto costume)

Boy, I just have NO idea where Sadie got that round, chubby face from!

Sadie Baby the Ladybug
7 comments:
Mary Ann I feel for you, I cannot stand nights like that!!! :( Your kids in their costumes sure are cute though! I think Sadie looks so much like Davis, especially in the picture where he's holding her with their cute chubby round faces!
Sooo cute!!! And if it makes you feel any better I was up with Mason a lot last night. For some reason he decided he was going to cry from about 10:00 until 2:30, so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night:( Oh well, hopefully this phase won't last long.
Sadie is so cute and she is getting so big! Wow!
Mani, you crack me up. I have cruised the internet and blogs at 1am because I haven't gone to bed yet, but never quite so early in the morning from waking up. Course, I'm not a morning person so that me be the reason, but I digress... Looks and sounds like you guys had a great Halloween! Love the costumes. :)
Your kids look adorable! I can SOOO relate to the whole sleeping/chaos Halloween thing. Last year, I couldn't get Regan to take a nap for the life of me and she was SOOO grumpy the whole night.
Your kids look so adorable! Kids--It is amazing we can function at all after what they put us through! I hate being deprived of sleep! Hope you have been getting more sleep lately!
The kids look adorable! I loved your entire story. Sounds like the life of a mother!
Isn't that how it goes? When I could be getting sleep I can't for some reason. Why do children do this to us?
Post a Comment