Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just for Kicks


Have you ever encouraged your child to do something just so you have the pleasure of watching them try...and maybe, fail? Is that evil? Maybe I'm just REALLY bored. Anyway, yesterday I asked Davis to change Sadie's diaper; just a wet one. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I thought he was old enough and smart enough to figure it out. So I hid behind the laundry room door and watched. It was hilarious! Well worth it. Just seeing him try to manipulate all the snaps on her clothes and onesie was great. And of course, she kept rolling over, so he'd laugh and scold her while trying to get the diaper on. Claire got in on the action and tried to sit on Sadie to keep her still; I had to intervene for JUST a moment then. But overall, it provided me with some much needed humor for the day. Any other ideas, anyone?

6 comments:

Amy Simms said...

HA!!!! You are so funny! I remember well changing my siblings diapers and I wasn't all that much older than them. I think once you get so many kids, it's recruit help or fail.

I have decided that I can not keep my house clean on my own and that NO job is too hard once you are six and eight. I giggle everytime I see how the dishwasher is loaded and I love hearing the remarks that come from the boys as they clean toliets. PAYBACK TIME!

That girl said...

I have long since stopped caring where the dishes have been put away. Jannica (and Kelly for that matter) has a few choice items that never get put in the same place twice. I don't really care, there is a certain joy in the hunt, at least they're helping!

Jana said...

Oh Mani Ann you are such a cruel mother! Sounds pretty funny though. We finally are going to mom's for dinner tomorrow and you won't be there! Bummer.

jennywren said...

THAT was awesome! I'm totally going to make Bryson change Megan next time and tell him that if Davis can do it, he can do it. hee hee...I love being evil! You are so funny.

rayndrop said...

that is good stuff. that provided some much needed laughter on part as well.

Heidi said...

I need to try that!