Monday, September 20, 2010

Little Milestones

In no particular order, some with pictures, some without. I just realized that some cool little moments have taken place the last couple of months that I wanted to share.

1 - I ran my first 10K on Saturday with my running partner for life (well, in AF) Stephanie. We did pretty well in that we ran the whole way and survived the same nasty little hill twice! My time was 1:04 and I was hoping to do it in about an hour so I'm good with that. However, this race made me wonder what on EARTH I was thinking when I was going to do a half-marathon. It doesn't sound nearly so fun anymore. I think I want to try to find a 15K, but that might be where my will runs out. I'm glad we've come so far in just over a year, and I'm SOOO glad that we find time to run a couple of times a week, just for the girl talk therapy. Thanks, Steph, for all your patience and understanding with me and our crazy, getting older, bodies! Now, I just want to see if I can better my 10K time....but I'm good on that for a few months.

2 - Claire learned to ride her little bike without training wheels. I knew she could, her training wheels never touch the ground! So off she went. The bonus is she's too tall for her bike so if she wobbles, she just sticks her feet down to the ground and can stop herself before she falls down. Sometimes you just can't believe how fast they grow up.

3 - Davis lost his first front tooth. What a trauma. His tooth has been poking out at a crazy angle for over a month, but he refused to let us try to pull it. His pain tolerance is somewhere on the scale near....0. But good thing for sisters; they were wrestling and Claire threw her head back into his mouth and out it came. He was shocked more than anything. Do you think the lack of pain will convince him to let us try to pull out the next one? Never. He'll completely forget it didn't hurt and he'll flip out again at the mere thought of pain. Oh, well. He sure looks cute!

4 - Claire participated in her first Girl Sport....aka American Falls Future Cheer Camp. 3 days of oohing and aahing over the "big girl, pretty Cheerleaders" and attempting to learn the moves. She actually had a grand time. Her tumbling skills are less than stellar, and that's her mother's genes coming through, but she loved the cheers and the dancing. And they rode in a float for AF days. Here's a shot of her with 3 other friends looking marvelous!




5 - First Day of Second Grade....off goes Davis. And I heard, what I'm sure will NOT be the last time, "I want summer to be longer. I'm not ready for school." Off you go, my son.

6 - Last Sunday Dave found a little green finch on our deck. We're not sure what happened, but it couldn't fly well. So in our house it came for the day and there was much holding and touching and naming it "Tweety" and things like that. Halfway through the day, it decided it could fly and it flew around our house and the kids chased it for a couple of hours and Dave would catch it and then let it go again. He swears it never pooped anywhere. I don't believe him. And the kids had another pet for the day.

7 - Claire started preschool. We are thrilled, she is more so. She was able to get into the preschool at Davis' elementary. It is an awesome program, and we feel really lucky that we get to have her there. It's just two days a week, which is enough for me and NOT enough for Claire. A picture will have to come later since I was actually gone on her first day and Dad couldn't find the camera. But the thought was there, I'm impressed by him for that.

And now, I'm off to start canning. Peaches, pears, tomatoes, oh my!

1 comment:

Diane said...

fabulous! It looks like things are good there is Hideho! Miss you...