Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

A 4-day snowstorm + Idaho winds = No School today.







Sadie has been looking outside and saying "Merry Christmas!" all day long.

Davis and Claire have put their snowclothes on about 5 times in the last 2 days. There is melting ice all over my house. Sadie begged to go for a ride, so we ALL bundled up and went out into the blizzard and she took 1 run down and screamed to go back in the house. That was NOT worth the 30 minutes of prep time.

I tried to snowblow my driveway so Dave could get back in the garage after work. I got exactly 3 feet from the garage door before I hit the wall of snow that had drifted across the driveway and was much deeper than I realized. And so the snowblower is now back in the garage waiting for big tough Dave to tackle when he gets home.

And yet, we're loving the day off school, AKA a day off from all responsibility, housework, schedule, etc. Bring on the hot chocolate!

1 comment:

KristenMV said...

well sounds like some fun